Public Worship at St Nicholas
The parish church remains open for public worship. All services take place in church unless otherwise stated.
It is with sadness that we receive the news of the death of His Royal Highness the Duke of Edinburgh. We pray for him, that he may rest in peace, and rise with Christ in glory. We pray too for Her Majesty the Queen and all the Royal Family, that they may be comforted by the hope of Resurrection at this time of mourning.
St Nicholas' will be open on Saturday 10th April, from 12 noon until the Eucharist at 4.30pm, for any who wish to visit and pray. The bell will be tolled at noon, as the church is opened.
The Eucharist on Tuesday at 12 noon will be a Requiem for the repose of the late Duke of Edinburgh's soul. All are welcome to attend.
Second Sunday of Easter, 10/11 April
Saturday Vigil Eucharist 4.30pm (with Zoom)
Sunday Eucharist 10.00am
From 13 April, weekday masses Tuesday-Saturday will be celebrated at 12 noon.
Third Sunday of Easter, 18 April
10.30am Parish Eucharist
All are welcome.
Please contact the parish priest if you are not on the parish mailing list and would like to receive Zoom links, or regular parish mailings.
Covid-secure worship in the parish church during the national lockdown
We ask you to
- Use the hand sanitiser provided on entry and exit
- Wear a face covering over nose and mouth all the time you are in the building. This is now mandatory, except for those with medical exemptions
- Make every effort to maintain 2m physical distance from one another in the church building.
- In the churchyard please physically distance and avoid gathering in groups of 6+
- An NHS Test & Trace form and pen are on each chair. If you are happy to leave your details, please fill in the form and place it in the Test and Trace tin as you leave. Test & trace information is retained for this purpose only, and disposed of securely after 21 days. If you prefer to use a QR code, this is displayed in the porch and by the sanitiser table.
Please stay at home if you are feeling unwell, or if you or any member of your household have symptoms of coronavirus.