The Feast of St Nicholas of Myra, 5th December (Patronal Festival)
10.30am Parish Eucharist with Junior Church, followed by festive refreshments.
Weekday masses: Tuesday to Friday at 12.00pm (Friday: Requiem mass for the departed of December)
Wednesday Recital 2pm: John Collins, organist, plays European organ music from the 16th to 18th centuries which includes pieces for Advent and Christmas.
*No Thursday 5.30-6.30pm Time for Contemplation - silent prayer before the blessed Sacrament*
Third Sunday of Advent, 12th December
10.30am Parish Eucharist with Junior Church, followed by refreshments
All are welcome.
Advent & Chistmastide at St Nicholas
Sunday 19 December: The Fourth Sunday of Advent - 6.00pm Lessons and Carols by candlelight
Friday 24 December: Christmas Eve
4.00pm Family Crib Service by candlelight
5.30pm Contemplative Carols (with lighting of candles to remember those we have lost)
10.30pm Midnight Mass by candlelight
Saturday 25 December: Christmas Day
10.30am Sung Eucharist
All are welcome.
Concerts and Events at St Nicholas (see our "News" page for more information):
Friday 3rd December at 7.30pm, Sussex Classical Music Network presents Scarlatti, Beethoven & Tchaikovsky
Friday 10th December at 7.30pm and Saturday 11th December at 2.00pm & 7.30pm Lantern Light Theatre Company presents A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens.
Sunday 12th December at 5pm, Brighton Singers present "Seeing the Star".
Please contact the parish priest if you are not on the parish mailing list and would like to receive Zoom links, or regular parish mailings.
Please read our Covid-safe guidelines for worship in church:
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided on entry and exit.
- It is strongly advised that you wear a face covering over nose and mouth all the time you are in the building.
- Please spread out in the building, and be considerate of others’ desire for space. There is marked-out socially distanced seating at the back of the nave and both aisles.
- We have resumed singing in the building. If you prefer not to sing, please sit at the back of the nave or south aisle, upwind of others.
- NHS Test & Trace forms are on the table by the door. If you are happy to leave your details, please fill in the form and place it in the Test and Trace tin as you leave. If you prefer to use a QR code, this is displayed in the porch and by the sanitiser table.
- Please stay at home if you are feeling unwell, or if you or any member of your household has symptoms of coronavirus.