There is a tradition of good music at St Nicholas’ and a series of lunchtime recitals are held in the Church every Wednesday at 12:30pm lasting for 45 minutes. A minimum donation of £3.00 towards recital expenses is appreciated. The recitals provide a perfect break for you to have your lunch and relax before heading back to work. Please bring your own sandwiches. Tea and Coffee is available for a donation.
- Richard Bowen (classical guitar). Works by Cardoso, Villa-Lobos, Scarlatti, Bach and Sor.
- Beatrice Monaco (soprano) and Joe Ward (piano). Songs and arias by Handel, Mozart, Tosti and others.
- Jane Plessner (clarinet) and Nicola Grunberg (piano). Works by Arnold, Seiber, Finzi and Brahms.
- Ingrid Cusido (piano). Works by Mozart, Beethoven and Brahms.
- Gemma Kateb (piano). Works inspired by folk song by Mompou, Chopin Ginastera and Mendelssohn.
- Ashworth and Rattenbury Guitars. Works by Mozart, Rameau, Granados and Machado.
- Helen Vidovich (flute) and Olga Stezhko (piano). Works by French Impressionists including Debussy and Bozza.
- Luca Luciano (clarinet). Presenting original material from Luciano’s latest album - works by Messiaen and Stravinsky.
- Sohyun Park (piano). Story telling in the ballades of Liszt and Chopin.
- Georgios Vardakis (piano). Works including Schubert piano sonata and Skalkottas suite.
- Brighton Festival Recital – Les Kapsbergirls early music quartet, playing 17th and 18th century music from the French court. Tickets £10, bookable via: https://brightonfestival.org/event/13532/les_kapsbergirls/
- Meera Maharaj (piano) final programme tbc.
- Michele Roszak (mezzo soprano) and Lynda Spinney (piano). Music in May: lively spring songs from England and Europe.