There is a tradition of good music at St Nicholas’ and a series of lunchtime recitals are held in the Church every Wednesday at 12:30pm lasting for 45 minutes. A minimum donation of £3.00 towards recital expenses is appreciated. The recitals provide a perfect break for you to have your lunch and relax before heading back to work. Please bring your own sandwiches. Tea and Coffee is available for a donation.
Programme now available to November 2018
- Mike Hatchard – Acclaimed pianist Mike Hatchard returns with a programme of largely Bach and Beethoven but with deviations into the world of ragtime, jazz and even a splash of folk
- John Lake Trio – Bach a la Loussier
- Michele Roszak & Lynda Spinney (voice and piano) – “September Serenade” (easy listening Autumnal songs from England, Europe and America)
- From the Cradle to the Grave – Belladonna (Sue Mileham, Soprano, Nicola Grunber, Piano, and Jane Plessner, Clarinet) presents a programme on the theme of innocence to experience by Mozart, Spohr, Arnold Cooke, Arthur Bliss and Terence Greaves
- Pillow – dark and cinematic compositions by James Osler, local jazz musician, blending harmonic complexity of jazz with simple folk like melodies with the instrumentation of a classical string ensemble
- Bunch of Daphs (choir) – return to St Nicolas with a wonderful mix of medieval to modern day pieces, all delivered with their usual joie de Vivre!
- Martin Smith (Euphonium) – the Lyrical Euphonium with the renowned Martin Smith
- Gemini Duo (violin duo) – Halvorsen, Leclair, Bartok, Igudesman and more.
- Gemma Kateb (piano) – Song and Dance (works by Mompou, Chopin, Ginastera and Granados
- Hector Castro – Classical Guitar
- Duo Asteria (Corinna Hentschel) – marking the end of WW1 100 years ago, pieces which were composed or premiered in and around 1918 including Respighi and Hindemith
- Sohyun Park (piano) - Story telling on impressionism and romantic music
- Richard Bowen (guitar) – Jorge Cardoso, Fernando Sor, Bach, Francisco Tarrega and Asturias Albeniz