There is a tradition of good music at St Nicholas’ and a series of lunchtime recitals are held in the Church every Wednesday at 12:30pm lasting for 45 minutes. A minimum donation of £3.00 towards recital expenses is appreciated. The recitals provide a perfect break for you to have your lunch and relax before heading back to work. Please bring your own sandwiches. Tea and Coffee is available for a donation.
Programme now available to August 2018
- Sohyun Park (piano). Story telling in the ballades of Liszt and Chopin.
- Georgios Vardakis (piano). Works including Schubert piano sonata and Skalkottas suite.
- Brighton Festival Recital – Les Kapsbergirls early music quartet, playing 17th and 18th century music from the French court. Tickets £10, bookable via: https://brightonfestival.org/event/13532/les_kapsbergirls/
- Meera Maharaj (piano) final programme tbc.
- Michele Roszak (mezzo soprano) and Lynda Spinney (piano). Music in May: lively spring songs from England and Europe.
- Daisy Chute and HEARD - a female acoustic music collective featuring vocals, banjo, guitar, harp and cello (original and traditional folk)
- Orlando Shamlou – classical pianist playing Schubert Sonata in A Major, D 959
- Patrick Avery – guitar (classical and acoustic)
- Joshua Urben & Eliette Harris – piano and violin (Ravel, Symanowski, Bartok, Lauriden, Urben)
- Joshua Urban & Igor Petricevic Duo – piano and tenor (Croatian and Bulkan folk songs, contrasted with English composers such as Vaughan Williams and Britten)
- Hector Castro (classical guitar) – Tango’s from Astor Piazzolla along with studies by Carcassi, Brouwer and others
- Hammig String Quartet – piano quartet by Brahms
- London Guitar Trio (Francis, Saul & Hector) – Spanish dances by Enrique Granados and selected pieces from Joaquin Turina’s Op.55
- Janice Fehlauer – Carnival, Classical Composers celebrate Shrovetide (piano)
- Harmonia Trio – accapella group
- Nottingham Girls' and Women’s choir (from Alberta, Canada) – accapella sacred and folk selections
- Mary Thomas (soprano - various)
- Jingle Gawley (Lieder & piano compositions)